Monday, November 26, 2007

Trip to DC

For Thanksgiving my husband and I went up to visit my family in NoVa. We flew in early on Wednesday to avoid all the travelers and it worked out really well. The only downside was waking up at 3am to catch our flight. Once we got up there we decided to go straight to DC and do some sightseeing. It has been years since I got to do all that. We saw the Holocaust Museum, the National Archives, the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II Memorial, and of course the Washington Monument (the pencil) that can be seen from pretty much anywhere in DC. The temperature was perfect in the low 70s.

Of course I had to take some pictures of the monuments and used my family as test subjects for some cute pictures with the fall foliage.

Michael and Maggie

M&M

Love this seal on the floor of one of the pillars of the WW2 Memorial.

WW2 Memorial with the Washington Monument in the background.

WW2 Memorial fountains.

Washington Monument with the reflecting pool. I've never seen this!

No comments:

Visitors since 1/20/2008