Monday, September 8, 2008

New York City - Part 2

There are so many fun pictures from the trip! I have to start off with my goofball brother who decided to test out the size of the armoir when we got into the room our first night... yes, apparently he fit. =)



I still can't believe how much we got to see on the first day there. One other spot that that was really cool to see in person is China Town. While it was pretty much what I expected, the shops and signs went higher than I had envisioned.





One surprising thing about New York City was all the scaffolding lining the buildings. It was tough with all the scaffolding, but I had to get a picture of the McDonald's in China Town.



This might have been the coolest building that we saw, in my opinion. The Empire State Building is just so tall it's unbelievable. Ok, ok, so I haven't been to many big cities before so this was the tallest I have seen in person to date. The sky was the most beautiful shade of blue while we were there, which was a perfect backdrop for all the photos of the tall buildings.





I know I got a little carried away, but each angle was better than the last!



Later that night after dinner, we went to the top of the Empire State Building. First we waited in line for security, then we waited in line for tickets, then waited in another line to ride the elevators up to the 80th floor, then, last, but not least, waited in the final line to ride another elevator up to the 86th floor where the observatory is. I'm so glad we decided to go at night because the view was amazing!





You can see the Statue of Liberty in this one! (I pointed it out for you if you have trouble, hehe.)



Since we were up so high, we were basically in the clouds. Here is a pic looking up toward the top of the building. At first, the clouds were moving pretty fast and we all got dizzy looking up.

7 comments:

Mary Beth Tyson Photography said...

WOW! I want to travel to NY with you all! great images and looks like a lot of fun!

Kerri McConnell Photography said...

what great images of the skyline! looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! I especially love the skyline ones!

Kara said...

Great pics!! The first one of The Empire State Building looks like you caught someone about to jump!! :-)

Erin Harvey said...

Oh my gosh! It does look like someone is going to jump... eek, I hope it is just an antenna or something. You are certainly observant though!

Armin DeFiesta said...

Super cool post! Great pics!

Moshe Zusman said...

You did it again! Great architectural photos!

Visitors since 1/20/2008