Monday, December 8, 2008

Ever wonder...

...what happens when you put detergent in a fountain?

This was my view from the fourth floor window on Friday. Apparently someone decided to vandalize the fountain in front of the building, by adding some sort of detergent to the fountain. I've heard about this and always wondered what it would look like, but I thought there would be a lot more bubbles... like overflowing to the street. (Don't get me wrong, I had NOTHING to do with this, nor do I know who did!) From what I hear this wreaks havoc on the fountain pump, so please don't try this at home. =)

I shot these with my point and shoot since it's all I had with me at the time. Has anyone else seen this done before?



5 comments:

Courtney said...

hahaha oh yes...I went to Florida State University and this was a favorite past-time of many students at Wescott Fountain. People would fill it up and then you'd randomly see folks dancing, swimming, jumping in the fountain...it was sort of part of going to FSU. This happened at least once a week. lol...It looks like a snowy fairyland :)

Anonymous said...

I went to school at University of Southern Mississippi, and this was done by some students on game days.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen it done to a fountain but I've seen it done to a hotel hottub ;)

Armin DeFiesta said...

Now that's a big washing machine! =)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

whoa! that happened a while back to one the fountains in front of our movie theater. the kids were going crazy in all the bubbles, which was cool. we had no idea it was vandals :(

Visitors since 1/20/2008